Length: 4 semesters
Cost: See fees
What is the MA (Theology)?
This programme is intended primarily to prepare students for ministry within the Seventh-day Adventist Church. It aims to provide greater depth of knowledge and mastery of skills within the student’s chosen discipline of specialisation. The international character of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and the multi-cultural context in which the Church operates require great diversity in ministry, both on the educational and pastoral level. This programme is designed to meet these challenges.
How does it work?
The programme consists of 180 credits of taught modules and the final 60 credits in a dissertation for the MA degree.
- Biblical Hermeneutics
- Biblical Theology of Ministry and Mission
- Church Administration and Leadership
- Church Music and Liturgy
- Emerging Perspectives in SDA Soteriology
- Ethics in Pastoral Ministry
- Greek Texts
- Hebrew Texts
- Independent Study
- Issues and Trends in Theology
- Leading Motifs in Seventh-day Adventism
- Old Testament and Creation
- Old Testament and Spirituality
- Pastoral Counselling for Youth Ministry
- Principles and Methods in Theology
- Second Temple Judaism
- Studies in Matthew
- Studies in the Book of Hebrews
- Theological Methods for Pastoral Studies
- Theory and Practice of Pastoral Care