Regardless of the level your English is at, or which skills you aim to focus on, here at Newbold you will be able to develop your language and increase your confidence through our options on the General English Language course.
The 2020-2021 academic year will see you studying English online with us for the autumn semester. These sessions will include 15 hours of virtual face-to-face lesson delivery, and guided independent study, and you will develop your English through our learner-centred approach to teaching that focuses on your individual needs.
In May 2021, you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in British culture through a range of educational and cultural trips to places such as London, Oxford, Brighton, Windsor Castle and more. We have an incredible schedule lined up for this week.
2020 Online Autumn Semester
How will the semester be structured?
To accommodate the various time zones around the globe, we will have 15 hours per week of face-to-face lessons and guided independent study.
Part 1: Classes (6 weeks) + British Culture Week (1 week)
Part 2: Classes (6 weeks) + Exams and Certificate Ceremony (1 week)
What classes will be offered online?
- Language (grammar and vocabulary): 4 hours/week + 3 hours/week guided independent study
- Reading & Writing: 1 hour/week + 2 hours/week guided independent study
- Speaking & Listening: 3 hours/week
- British Culture: 1 hour/week
- English in Action: 1 hour/week
- Optional for intermediate (B1) to advanced (C1) level – Exam Preparation: 1 hour/week
Other parts of the programme:
- One-to-one tutorials with the language and skills teachers: 30-45 minutes/week
- ELC Assembly: 30 minutes/week
- British Culture Week: 1 week
What will my timetable look like?
Below is an example of the timetable.
|09:00-10:00||Guided independent study||Guided independent study||Guided independent study||Guided independent study||Guided independent study|
|English in Action||ELC Assembly
|Guided independent study|
Note: Please note that there may be slight adjustments to the times, depending on the students’ time zones.
Systematic and balanced grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation and skills development through authentic input designed to build confidence to communicate.