The Postgraduate Certificate in Mission is primarily designed as an extension programme for students who have completed a Master of Arts in Theology (or equivalent) and want to start a career in ministry within the Trans-European Division (TED) of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
While in combination with the MA Theology this course is a requirement for ministerial employment in the TED, it is also for anyone with the relevant entry requirements who would like to undertake postgraduate studies with a focus on ministry and mission.
- A deeper and more diverse insight into models of mission and evangelism.
- The opportunity to understand and practice a wider spectrum of preaching styles.
- The ability to analyse and process current issues in society and the Church.
- The appropriate preparation for the next stage of your career, be that further education or one of many areas of employment.
Mode of delivery: Full-time or part-time (taught online synchronously on zoom)
Mode of study: Full-time or part-time
The Postgraduate Certificate in Ministry and Mission is a one-semester programme that complements the Master of Arts in Theology degree in practical theology and the mission field. It provides cutting-edge analysis of relevant cultural and societal trends in Europe today.
The programme prepares students for ministry by teaching innovative and constructive responses to the current and complex questions related to ministry and mission as they unfold in our increasingly pluralistic and culturally diverse society.
- Courses that are shaped with mindful intention to serve as gateways to ministry in its various forms.
- An intimate class setting, granting you 1:1 access to leading academic staff who are devoted to enriching your ministry, your life and your spiritual development.
- Daily campus fellowship through student programmes curated to evoke inspirational gathering and the meeting of similar minds.
- Immersive yet subconscious forms of learning and worship that are interlaced into every day across academia and student life – it is those late-night dorm conversations, the sharing of perspectives across the halls that will shape you for life.