About the Certificate
The Postgraduate Certificate in Ministry and Mission is primarily designed as an extension programme for students who have completed a Master of Arts in Theology (or equivalent) and want to start a career in ministry within the Trans-European Division (TED) of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. While in combination with the MA Theology this course is a requirement for ministerial employment in the TED, it is also for anyone with the relevant entry requirements who would like to undertake postgraduate studies with a focus on ministry and mission.
The course reflects the Adventist Church’s conviction that successful ministry must be based not only on a deep knowledge of Scripture and an understanding of the Church’s theology and history, but also on competence in leader- ship, pastoral and mission skills which are relevant to the needs of the contemporary world
Why study Biblical and Pastoral Studies with us?
- This Certificate will provide you with a deeper and more diverse insight into models of mission and evangelism
- The course will help you understand and practice a wider spectrum of preaching styles
- You will be able to analyse and process current issues in society and the Church
Your future matters.
- The Certificate will further prepare you for the next stage of your career, be that further education or one of many areas of employment
- As a graduate, and in combination with the Master of Arts in Theology (or equivalent), you will be eligible to enter into pastoral ministry within the TED
This programme is also ideal forthose such as elders, lay missionariesand others who have undertaken previous studies in theology and would like to upgrade their skills orincrease their knowledge base to apply either in their current workor ministry, or to improve their employment opportunities within the Church.
The course breakdown
Certificate in Ministry and Mission
The course places an emphasis on pastoral, leadership, administration, ethics and mission. The structure, content and assessment patterns of the programme have been designed in such a way as to equip you with the critical and analytical skills necessary to ensure your maximum employability while inculcating a desire and passion for life-long learning and personal development.
Full-time students can complete the programme in one semester. Part-time students will typically take one or two modules per semester and complete the programme in two semesters.
To fulfil the requirements for the Postgraduate Certificate in Ministry and Mission you will need to successfully complete 60 credits of the modules listed below.
The modules offered change every year – with a minimum of three postgraduate modules offered at the start of the semester. These modules may also require intensive, mandatory attendance on campus with dates scheduled in advance.
- 20: NCTR7023 - Methods for Pastoral Studies
- 20: NCTR7024 - Theology and Praxis of Ministry and Mission
- 20: NCTR7025 - Counselling in Ministry
- 20: NCTR7026 - Evangelism
- 20: NCTR7027 - Church Liturgy
- 20: NCTR7028 - Ethics in Ministry
- 20: NCTR7029 - Church Leadership
- 20: NCTR7030 - Homiletics of Biblical Narratives
- 20: NCTR7036 - 21st Century Ecclesiology
- 20: NCTR7040 - The Bible in Contemporary Culture
- 20: NCTR7041 - Major Themes in Contemporary Theology
- Marriage in the Old Testament
- Practical Apologetics
Generally, to be eligible for entry to the Postgraduate Certificate in Ministry and Mission, you will need to have completed:
- A Bachelor of Arts in Theology (or equivalent) or A Bachelor of Arts (or equivalent) in any area, plus
- A Postgraduate Diploma in Biblical and Pastoral Studies (or equivalent).
If English is not your native language, you will need to demonstrate that you have a sufficient standard of the language to study. PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS.