The BA in Biblical and Pastoral Studies is an academic and practical degree, designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills required for preparation in ministry. The curriculum delivers a fusion of rich historical theology, ancient languages, culture, ethics and contemporary methods of application to serve Christ in a modern world.
- A deep knowledge of Scripture, an understanding of the Church’s history and mission.
- Pastoral skills that are pertinent to the modern, real world.
- Vocational skills relating to pastoral and evangelistic ministry.
- A deeper understanding of the Bible, and the ability to use this knowledge to apply Biblical truths to relevant issues facing Christianity and the Church today.
- First-hand experience in areas such as pastoral ministry, psychology in ministry, evangelism and discipleship.
- Valued transferable skills that will stand out to future employers.
Mode of delivery: Full-time (taught on campus), or part-time (taught online synchronously on zoom)
Course tuition (per year): £7,973
Theology is not a degree, it's a lifestyle. Existing as a first-year student; 'challenged, nurtured and supported' summarise this year’s current experience. Who would have perceived, within just a few intense weeks I would understand Greek, encamp a rethinking mindset and be on the path to find my "why?" to life. Newbold is more than a college, it's a family.
- Courses that are shaped with mindful intention to serve as gateways to ministry in its various forms.
- An intimate class setting, granting you 1:1 access to leading academic staff who are devoted to enriching your ministry, your life and your spiritual development
- Daily campus fellowship through student programmes curated to evoke inspirational gathering and the meeting of similar minds.
- Immersive yet subconscious forms of learning and worship that is interlaced into the everyday across academia and student life – it is those late-night dorm conversations, the sharing of perspectives across the halls that will shape you for life