The GradDip in Biblical and Pastoral Studies serves as a bridging programme for entry to the MA in Theology. Regardless of your previous degree, this is a fast-track course that will provide the essential foundational theoretical knowledge to pursue postgraduate ministerial preparation.
Newbold’s comprehensive training with equip you with:
- A deep and relevant knowledge of the biblical texts.
- The ability to study the biblical texts independently with critical insight, accompanied by clear argumentation and communication.
- Knowledge in all scholarly and vocational aspects of pastoral ministry in a Seventh-day Adventist context.
- Recognition and development of personal values as you explore Christian perspectives in relation to other worldviews.
- Critical and analytical skills necessary to progress to postgraduate study
- Opportunities to gain real-world experience through placements in key areas such as pastoral ministry, psychology in ministry, and pastoral evangelism and discipleship.
Course length (per year): 1 year
Mode of delivery: Full-time (taught on campus), or part-time (taught online synchronously on zoom)
Course tuition: £7,973
Mode of study: Full-time/part-time
Validated by: University of Wales Trinity Saint David (United Kingdom)
The Graduate Diploma opens doors to possibilities; I arrived with a Bachelor’s degree in music and experienced the wonderful world of understanding new points of view. The Graduate Diploma is the best way for people who decide to change their career path. It provides fuel for the road to my MA in Theology.
The GradDip in Biblical and Pastoral Studies course blends a profound study of the Bible with essential practical ministry experience under the support of passionate academic staff.
Your campus experience
- Courses that are shaped with mindful intention to serve as gateways to ministry in its various forms.
- An intimate class setting, granting you 1:1 access to leading academic staff who are devoted to enriching your ministry, your life and your spiritual development
- Daily campus fellowship through student programmes curated to evoke inspirational gathering and the meeting of similar minds.
- Immersive yet subconscious forms of learning and worship that are interlaced into every day across academia and student life – it is those late-night dorm conversations, the sharing of perspectives across the halls that will shape you for life.
Frequently asked questions
Our admissions team are ready to help you answer your calling and answer any questions you may have along the way.
Meet our academic staff
Learn more about our resident lecturers, their specialist areas and backgrounds. Our academic staff are devoted to preparing you for a lifelong role in ministry.