Learn English online with a personal tutor whose sole mission is to help you reach your learning goals. This one-to-one personalised course focuses on building, practising and using English, whether you want to develop your general knowledge or focus on specific areas of the language. Depending on your goals and interests, you may work with one or more tutors to enhance your learning experience and get the most from our experts at Newbold.
Registration deadline: Monday 8 June 2020.
Availability for this course is limited – we strongly encourage early registrations to guarantee a place.
Available Start Dates:
- 15 June 2020
- 22 June 2020
- 29 June 2020
- 6 July 2020
- 13 July 2020
The course consists of general English and specific language areas adaptable to the learner needs, pace and style.
Examples of specific areas to focus on:
- English for theological and pastoral purposes
- English for academic purposes
- English for written communication
- English for spoken communication
- Preparation for Cambridge English exams or IELTS
Example weekly schedule for a student with the learning goal to develop grammar and conversational language:
|Morning||1:1 live grammar lesson (2 hours)||1:1 live grammar lesson (2 hours)||Live targeted group conversation lesson (2 hours)||1:1 live grammar lesson (2 hours)||1:1 live grammar lesson (2 hours)|
|Afternoon||Independent study (2 hours)||Independent study (2 hours)||Independent study (2 hours)||Independent study (2 hours)||Independent study (2 hours)|
Included in the price
- 10 hours of personalised one-to-one live lessons weekly (depending on your specialised language goal, some of these classes may take place in small groups) plus additional self-study activities
- E-book and other teaching resources
- Admin fee
All you’ll need
- Laptop/computer with a camera to follow e-book and live lessons simultaneously
- Headset with microphone
- Stable internet connection
- Zoom software (optional)
- Register online by Monday, 8 June 2020. (Note: You will receive an email with confirmation of your place and payment details.)
- Pay by Wednesday, 10 June 2020.
- Take the online placement test to determine your starting language level.
- Meet your tutors and agree on your lesson schedule.
- Start your personalised English language course.
- Track your progress with an end-of-course test.
- Receive a certificate of participation.