‘The point of your life is to point to Him. Whatever you are doing, God wants to be glorified, because this whole thing is His.’ (Francis Chan, ‘Crazy Love’).
Apostle Paul said, ‘all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God’ (Romans 8.14). Your connection with Jesus, through the Spirit, is one of the bedrocks of our pastoral care here at Newbold. Our mission is to cultivate a Spirit-led community through which God will manifest Himself. God expects this from us. The world needs this from us. It is our duty.
When you come to Newbold, we don’t see you simply as a student who came to gain a degree. You have a story. You and God are writing that story. Newbold will be one chapter in it. Hopefully, it will be a chapter that you will turn back to with joy, remembering that this was a time where we, together, glorified Him.
Danilo Puskas, Head of Student Life and Chaplaincy and Campus Ministries Coordinator
Campus Ministries has always been and will always be about students. You, as our student, are the main person that we want to support at this stage of your life. The main areas that we will aim to support you are within:
- Mental health
As a student at Newbold, you are part of the community that grows together. However, we recognise that you as an individual will have a unique personality, possessing distinct gifts, needs, and ideas. That’s why we have a two-pronged approach:
1. Individual support
- You will have access to the college Chaplain for 1-1 conversation, prayer, Bible study, or anything else that you might need for support throughout your studies.
- Counselling: we are in partnership with an external counselling provider. If you feel you need further support in the area of mental health, 6 free professional and confidential counselling sessions will be available to you throughout the academic year.
- At Newbold, we have weekly, monthly and annual events that bring both the College and the Church community together. Many of our staff and students love to take part in the Newbold Church services. This is a very diverse community with some 800 members.
- Small groups. We firmly believe that this is one of the best ways to grow as part of our community, and it will be our pleasure to introduce you to one of these.
- If you are the type of person that loves to engage within your community and to use your time and gifts in enhancing the lives of others, we are more than happy to connect you with the right people and opportunities.
This is what we have in mind, however, there’s something you need to know…
We love to hear from our students and to tailor the academic year programme to ensure it responds to current needs in a relevant way.
To do this, we always include students in Campus Ministries and many programmes are student-led. Once you are a Newbold student, we would love for you to join the team as a Campus Ministries Student Leader, to help shape the spiritual, emotional and social experience at Newbold.Book a 1:1 introduction to spirituality at Newbold with Danilo