The Newbold Business Student Society was established in 1983 and acts as your voice within the College, representing the interests of you and your fellow business students. It is open to all current business students and promotes business-related social and educational activities that build on classroom learning, enable practical experience, and provide opportunities for professional networking.
The executive officers of the Society – President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary* – are elected at the beginning of each academic year.
The President of the Society sits as the student representative on the School of Business Programme Board. Together, the officers are responsible for organizing social and networking opportunities for business students.
Trips and excursions
In collaboration with the School of Business and its Staff Sponsor, the Society selects and helps organise business trips that are designed to supplement classroom learning by providing real-world educational opportunities and the chance to network with professionals in the field of business.
Recent trips have included visiting
- Belgium, the European Parliament;
- Iceland, famous firms such as Islandsbanki, Blue Lagoon and deCODE Genetics;
- Germany, the Mercedes-Benz factory;
- Switzerland, the United Nations, the Red Cross and Patek Philippe SA;
- Gibraltar and Morocco, HM Government of Gibraltar and the City of Tangier.