Library – Disability Information
A commitment supporting all staff and students in their use of the library.
The Roy Graham Library team are committed to supporting all staff and students in their use of the library and its resources regardless of disclosed or undisclosed disabilities.
You are welcome to contact a member of the Library team for special arrangements regarding provision for a particular need.
What can we do?
- Answer your general enquiries
- Show you how to use information resources
- Show you how to find material on the shelf
- Give you a personal library tour
- Show you how to login to Moodle
- Show you how the Self Issue unit works
- Assist you with the printer/copier
- Assist you reaching and or carrying books
- Give you individual help with research
- Give you a study desk
- Provide you with a locker
- Photocopy/print onto coloured paper
What can you do?
- Talk to any of the Library Team at the Library Information Desk
- Email the Librarians: [email protected]
- Phone the Library Information Desk – 01344 407444
- Contact the Learning Support Coordinator – 01344 407418
Your needs come first
ROY GRAHAM LIBRARY
Accessibility at the library
- The Information Desk furniture conforms to height regulations for wheelchair users
- A ramp gives access to the East Wing Ground Floor where the Self Issue unit, the printer/copier, computers and the East Wing lending collection are all located
- The Library has an accessible toilet
- There is a disabled parking bay in the Salisbury Hall car park (Gate 2)
- The Library has plans to install electric, entrance doors
ROY GRAHAM LIBRARY
- AbilityNet – Easy steps to customise your PC to suit your needs
- Action on hearing loss (formerly Royal National Institute for the Deaf)
- AltFormat.org– accessible text for learning
- British Dyslexia Association
- GOV.UK Disabled people - includes the Equality Act 2010
- Equality and Human Rights Commission
- Foundation for People with Learning Disabilities
- Sign Community
- Consumer Rights Act 2015
Student Finances or allowances: