*LAST UPDATED: FRIDAY 20 MARCH 2020*
COVID-19: Update on Library, Dining Area and Buildings
Friday 20 March 2020
As we continue to monitor the fast-changing situation surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19) we are constantly reviewing how this affects our College community and are responding accordingly.
While the business of the College remains fully operational, most of our students have now returned home to ready themselves for distance learning and our staff are transitioning to remote working. Entry to the following buildings will be limited to staff who require access:
- Salisbury Hall (Reception will be staffed 09:00 to 12:00 on Wednesday until further notice)
- Roy Graham Library (resources and support will remain available online)
- Murdoch Hall
- Moor Close, Schuil House and Keough house (access strictly limited to residents only from 25 March)
- Bartlett Hall (Moor Close) Dining Area (food service will be limited to takeaway)
For the safety of our staff, only urgent maintenance requests are able to be actioned at this time – this includes Family Housing, staff housing, and Halls of Residence.
Many people are now self-isolating as they adhere to the Government advice surrounding coughs and fevers. We continue to recommend you follow Government advice regarding social distancing, to stay indoors where possible and only visit essential places.
You should also read the Government’s instructions on self-isolation for households.
We look forward to resuming normal operations as soon as possible, and to welcoming our students back on campus.
IF YOU ARE UNWELL
- Return to your residence.
- Contact the NHS either using the 111 phone number or using the website https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19
- Update the College (on 1742 or 7650 if you are in the Halls or Residence or Moor Close); contact your student representative for Family Housing; or call your line manager if you are staff.
- Follow the NHS advice as it relates to your situation.
Please continue to take care of yourselves and each other.