Here at Newbold, the One Year in Mission and Service course is renowned. This relaunched course specifically created for students that live within countries of the Trans-European Division, is the answer for individuals seeking to make a difference in the world through the gospel.
“The feeling of insecurity that I arrived with has been transformed into a certainty that everybody has something to contribute to this crazy and chaotic world that is home to all of us. I have discovered a whole new way in which I can love my fellow human beings.”
– Cecile Kalvåg, Volunteered at a refugee camp in Serbia
The benefit of a blended course curriculum that comprises of theoretical training and practical, hands-on experience provides the opportunity to apply and practice knowledge in a real-world context. On this course journey, students will:
- Build a firm foundation of biblical knowledge and learn the theory behind mission work
- Learn from leaders in the field through interactive workshops and mentorship
- Develop a deeper understanding of cultural diversity, anthropology and issues faced by different cultures interacting in a ministerial context
- Apply knowledge with a guaranteed placement in the mission field through ADRA Europe of the Adventist Volunteering Service
This is a one-year, full-time course that will start on Newbold’s campus, followed by a mission field trip that may take place abroad. It is an experience that will see you looking at the world through a wider lense, with an enhanced understanding of Scripture, pastoral studies and international culture.
There are full scholarships available for eligible students who enrol in this programme and commit to a mission project following 3-months on campus.
Embark on a journey that will change your life and lives around you.Learn more and apply now