Continuous learning is a must for anyone who desires to succeed in their profession. This idea is a fundamental aspect of Newbold’s Theology Professional Development courses.
The programme is designed to provide pastors, and anyone involved in ministry, opportunities to achieve continuous personal growth. In addition, the Trans-European Division has allocated funds for each pastor who would like to attend the courses.
“One of our challenges as pastors is that we can get so focused on our everyday work that we do not take the time to keep developing ourselves as professionals,” said Dr Patrick Johnson, Ministry and Discipleship Coordinator at the Trans-European Division.
“These courses help you keep up to date with current issues within theology and expose you to new ideas, which will inform your whole ministry.”
The modules available this semester are as follows:
- Themes in Biblical Theology – Tuesdays 9:00-11:50 (GMT)
- Daniel & Revelation – Mondays 11:00-12:50 and Thursdays 11:00-12:50 (GMT)
- Sabbath and Creation – Mondays 9:00-10:50 (GMT)
- Pastoral Care and Counselling – Mondays – 11:00-12:50 (GMT)
- Preaching Biblical Narratives – Tuesdays 9:00-10:50 (GMT)
- Cosmic Conflict – Wednesdays 9:00-11:50 (GMT)
- Emerging Perspectives in Soteriology & Eschatology – Thursdays 9:00-10:50 (GMT)
- Engaging Contemporary European Culture – Mondays 10:00-12:50 (GMT)
- Planting and Revitalising Healthy Churches – Wednesdays 9:00-10:50 (GMT)
- Digital Discipleship – Thursdays 9:00-10:50 (GMT)
The Theology Professional Development courses will be delivered online and begin on 24 January. If you would like to know more about the programme, click here for more information or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Find out more